The questions you will not be asked tomorrow are:
May 2017 First Year Paper:
May 2018 First Year Paper:
This means that:
- Soul, Mind, Body
Have all been asked. All that is missing is:
You could still get asked a question from any topic area, including areas already been asked above. The only thing we can be pretty certain of is that similar Q’s will not arise.
So last minute advice:
- Check out BBC for moral evil examples and recent events/ stats with the volcano eruption (natural evil)
- If you get a question on ‘Religious Language is meaningless’ do NOT talk about Falsification. The exam board has made it very clear that Flew never uses the word meaningless (only ‘vacuous’ yet in my book they pretty much imply the same thing) but still we follow the exam board!! I recommend Verification vs Language Games for a Q like this.
- Any RE question mention WJ’s four even just in passing
- Avoid numinous as an example, unless the question asks or if you have a specific case to draw upon, otherwise your answers will just be vague.
- Make sure you read questions carefully: psychology vs physiology could cost you dearly!
- If a comparison Q is asked e.g Plato vs Ari make sure you compare in every paragraph using language like: whereas, both, differing, similarly etc
- Whatever is mentioned specifically in Q, that is the start of every paragraph. So if mentioned ‘a priori is better than a post’ structure with Onto throughout.
- If Q on God’s attributes, focus on Q throughout, do not get side-lined on long rambling content.
Make sure you read: Panic “My Exam is Tomorrow!” Must Read for Philosophy (1st and 2nd Year) and Predictions for Philosophy (First and Second Year). Don’t forget last minute support with Revision Podcasts on YouTube: Revision Podcasts
Finally the more links to specific wording in the question and the more you argue, argue, argue, the better you will do! Get off the fence, raise discussion points, pass judgements and criticisms, defend arguments and evaluate everything. Control your content and need to regurgitate information, it is not how much you write/ remember it is what you do with it!
I will be thinking about you all tomorrow. First A Level exam for new spec – let’s make it a good one!!