My A2 students have completed their first mock exam under timed conditions. Usually when I set essays for homework students can use their notes and do not complete under time restraints. This is because I want students to develop the right essay writing technique before making things more difficult. However a college wide mock exam meant my students had to finally bite the bullet and complete their first exam paper (questions written by me since there are no previous questions to go on).
- Task: Answer two from four questions
- Topics: A2 DCT Pluralism and Gender
- Time: 40 minutes per question
- Expectation: Focus on answering the specific question and evaluate everything
- Help: Students were allowed to use their DCT revision pack notes to support them (Just click on Revision Pack if you would like your own copy of the 55 page pack for a small price)
So what where the questions:
- To what extent does an exclusivist view point represent the true Christian message?
- Evaluate the view that Christians should have a mission to those of no faith.
- To what extent has secular views on gender equality undermined Christian gender roles?
- Critically assess the view the Christianity is inherently sexist.
The marking process: